Here you can find the winners of the 11th ICMA Award for custom media.
1. Statistics, jury
1. Statistics, Press Release
Results of the 11th ICMA Award
Number of submissions
With 387 entries, there was a decrease this year caused by the Corona crisis. The travel industry, hospitality, retail etc. have been affected by restrictions and accordingly did not participate in this year’s competition. We had also considered postponing or cancelling the competition in advance. Participants from previous years, however, felt that the competition should be held in any case, if only for reasons of continuity. This view has proven to be correct, because the results of the 11th ICMA Award need not fear any comparison with previous competitions. The award-winning works are of a high standard.
The entries came from these countries
Entries from 21 countries show that the ICMA Award is very well established internationally.
Entries came from these countries: Australia, New Zealand, China, South Africa, USA, Canada, Iran, India, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland and Germany. The Custom Media section is still very much dominated by submissions from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. However, there are also award winners from Finland, South Africa and Italy.
Best of Show
In the custom media category, the jury awarded “Best of Show” three times:
– Customer Media B2C: mPaper, mühlhausmoers corporate communications gmbh
– Annual Reports: GEWOBA Activity Report 2019, POLARWERK GmbH.
– Image Brochures: Hugo Frosch, Baby it’s cold outside!, ATTACKE Werbeagentur
Corona gets its own category
It was clear that in the field of custom media, special efforts are made to inform employees about the work in crisis and the strategy of the respective company. Awards went to:
– Award of Excellence: Coopzeitung, Coop Genossenschaft, CH
– Bronze: Deutsche Seeschifffahrt, Verband Deutscher Reeder, printprojekt Peter Lindemann & Hanns Stefan Grosch GbR, D
– Bronze: MPULSE, METRO AG, D
– Bronze: echt!, Bundesbank, mann + maus KG, D
– Bronze: 361˙ Nord LB, Norddeutsche Landesbank, D
– Silver: pilot Radar, pilot Hamburg GmbH & Co. KG, D
– Silver: Forte Magazin, Coop Genossenschaft, CH
– Gold: Corona Campaign for Semperoper, Sächsische Staatsoper Dresden, D
Awards in main categories dominate
This year, the jury mainly gave awards in the main categories such as Custom Media B2B, Custom Media B2C, Annual Reports, Image Brochures etc.. The sub-categories such as cover and cover story, visual storytelling, alternative storytelling, on the other hand, were given less consideration. The jury evaluated more the complete product and less special individual performances. This has to do with the virtual meetings, where the jury concentrated on the essentials.
1. Certificates, Trophies, Award Ceremony
1. Best of Show
1.1. Customer magazines B2B Print
1.2. Customer magazines B2C print
1.3. Employee media print
1.4. Annual Reports
1.5. Image Websites
1.5. Image brochures
1.6. Print catalogues / Magalogs
1.7. Customer Magazines B2B online
1.8. Customer Magazines B2C online
1.9. Employee Media online
1.10. Annual Reports online
1.11. Social media projects
1.13. Front pages
1.14. Cover and cover story
1.15. Typography, layout
1.19. Visual storytelling
1.20. Alternative storytelling